Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Ball's in My Court.......

Yes yes yes I know its been a LONG time. I got some things on my mind and some internet so here I go.

If you truly know me like you think you do, you would know that I use alot of basketball and hip-hop references in my posts. This title is a mixture of both in this case. Eminem has one song I get goosebumps from every time I listen to it. Its off the 8 Mile soundtrack and is called "Rabbit Run". I promise you its not the regular pill poppin', slander-filled track Em is known for. This track is the true soundtrack for the movie because it proves B. Rabbit's hunger for success. This is the renewed drive I have for myself. I feel everything that is written in this song. The ball is in my court but I've always been scared to dribble it out. I have no idea why this was always the case for me. Maybe I'm afraid of true failure. Maybe I could never accept that in order to have true success you have to have failure to make that success more worthwhile. I'm going to be 30 very soon. I can't keep allowing the fact that I'm afraid of failure in all aspects of life to finally gain the success I feel I deserve. Bruce Leroy's sensei said it best: "Confusion are a part of life. Along with vengeance, fear and love. All facets must be embraced and then, and only then will you break through the wall to the final level." I think I'm missing vengeance because I've experienced everything else. My life is full of ups and downs but I love my life. I just wish I put forth the necessary effort earlier so I can relax a lil bit now.

I always wanted to be the Point Guard for the NBA Champs. The ball is in my court. Show and Prove son.

If you never heard "Rabbit Run" I'll post it too. Matter fact, here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment