Thursday, March 18, 2010

What Happened to Butch McRae??

So I bet you're wondering, "who the hell is Butch McRae?", well he is a fictional character from the movie "Blue Chips". Anfernee Hardaway (who is also in my top 5 players of all time) played Butch in this movie back in '94. So how does Butch relate to me u ask?? Well honestly Butch is in all of us. Butch was the guy who had all of the talent but wanted to make sure his family was taken care of before he was a star. I go by the name of Butch McRae on the basketball court because I care about the win. I don't pay attention too much to what I do on the court. I play hard and I want to win to stay on the court.


Anybody that knows me knows that playing in the NBA was one of my dreams. It was a dream deferred by my own accord. I didn't put in the necessary work to make it happen and now I realize that. I didn't want to be a star like Kobe or Lebron. I was the role player. I'm the John Paxson, Steve Kerr, BJ Armstrong, Derek Fisher, Robert Horry of the team. I am more than willing to take the big shot at the end of the game for the win and carry the loss on my back and in my heart forever.


I know you're asking, well what about the title? Well thats a good question. What did happen to Butch?? Well honestly he didn't take care of his body like an athlete should. His knees hurt all the time and so does his back. He's still active with basketball. He coaches, plays pick-up games, and is looking into coaching a high school team. Butch could've been the best that ever played the point guard position. In his mind he is still.


So how does this apply to me? Well because we all can relate to a character in a movie. No matter the plot or the background of the character, there is a part of that person in us. I am Butch McRae. I am a former basketball player and future coach. Ask about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment